Thursday, November 3, 2011

can't say anything good enough


Actually it seems to me that one can hardly say anything either bad enough or good enough about life.  --C.S. Lewis


The Christian life includes both joy and sorrow, and it seems that the intense experience of either aspect can't adequately be described. Each of us has our own unique pain or bliss.

What comes to us on the journey is meant to be shared with and offered to our God; He's the only one who knows our heart, without us saying a word. Christ endured shame, abuse, the Cross, and hell, for the joy that was set before Him. He does know what we are going through, and He went through worse, and the Love in the Holy Trinity is the Sun of which our happiness is only a ray.

Right now I'm walking on the sunny side of life, and I'm glad to say so here, but I won't try to describe my giddiness. I can't say anything good enough about Life. He is the Source, He is the Life, I know that, and I am finding His goodness and kindness in so many things: my husband's love, the warmth of my home, the fatigue from housecleaning, the hope of the tulips I planted blooming in the Spring, the rest at night.

The photo is of a vase that was my grandmother's, with some snippets from my garden. A bit of this and that, a unique medley that reminds me of my blessed life.

7 comments:

M.K. said...

Thank you for this reminder, GJ. It's good to hear, and to remember. I'm a bit on the other side of this equation right now, and it's too easy to think that all of life is that way, and it's not. It's good to get a glimpse of the sun in your world, here on your blog :)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'm more on the sunny side right now, too, but it is good to know whichever side we're on, He's with us and knows us.

xofrances

E Helena E said...

This is beautifully stated. I appreciate your words. My word verification is "mingly", and so life is.

Pom Pom said...

In this moment, yes. I sense your joy.

Gumbo Lily said...

Well said! I am happy to hear that you are on the sunny side. Do you remember the song, Keep on the Sunny Side by June Carter? We can't have those beautiful flowers without the rain though! I admired your vase of flowers for a good while.

Jody

heather west said...

Today must be good-quote-finding- day for me. Thanks for the Lewis insight. He's right.

debbie bailey said...

Mr. Lewis is right. I've never thought about that before; very interesting.

I love your grandmother's vase! I've seen similar ones in Colonial Williamsburg. Of course yours is special because it was hers.